Windows 7 Major problems

xxtavexx

Baseband Member
Hey guys, ive been having a lotta problems lately, and i dont know whatsup.

I had windows xp, it was acting up and running slowly, so i decided to install windows 7 (legitimate copy)

It kept freezing during installation, so i took a stick of ram out (i have two 512's) and it installed fine. I have since checked my ram, and both run the exact same.

I have been getting a lot of BSOD's, and for some reason, a lot of installers dont run. Itunes installation, for example, wont run at all. I double click it, and nothing happens.

SUPER converter as well. I click it, and nothing happens.

Run memtest and eliminate the bad stick. ram is pretty cheap as im expecting yours is DDR2. you can pick up a gig and win 7 will run a whole lot better

I would also look into a BIOS update as well. I've seen a few cases where something goes haywire in how the system allocates memory when more than one stick is plugged in and that might fix it.

I have run memtest, but I don;t know how to interpret the results...

I have run it three times, and each time it comes with differant results, sometimes it runs tests that didnt even show up the first couple of times

Even if that's the latest, it's most likely newer than what you have installed. Try it out and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom