Your Very First Computer.......

Re: Your Very First Comuter.......

i still have my OWN very first computer sitting in my closet collecting dust. a 300MHZ processor with a whole 768MB of RAM, and a 32GB hard drive! running Windows 98 and dual booting Windows NT 4.0, then 98SE a little later on.
Back in the day when it was built it was absolutely AMAZING! maximum supported hard drive size, lol.

i still have my OWN very first computer sitting in my closet collecting dust. a 300MHZ processor with a whole 768MB of RAM, and a 32GB hard drive! running Windows 98 and dual booting Windows NT 4.0, then 98SE a little later on.
Back in the day when it was built it was absolutely AMAZING! maximum supported hard drive size, lol.

make a good server lol

That's not that bad! It's a LOT of ram, relative to the CPU Speed!

my first machine (that I owned) was a packard bell pentium 75, with 8mb of RAM...

the first computer I used was in school, and that was the RM nimbus...a 186 machine, no idea of the exact specs.

Commodore VIC-20

My first x86 was a Pentium 33MHz, can't tell you the exact specs other than it ran Win 95 and had a "Turbo" button on the front that boosted the speed to an astounding 66MHz. It was a hand me down from my father in law. The first thing I did with it was to tear it apart to see what made it tick. I gave it a good cleaning, put it all back together and it's been downhill ever since.

made in october 92 (my birthday, and that was the date on all the stuff when I took it apart) ran 3.1 it was a gateway, intel386, was gonna upgrade to i486, but it didn't work so we got some free voucher for $200 off a gateway because of the class action lawsuit over that.

Then we got a derll with windows ME, then two used towers with 98 that ran better than the dell.

Now I've built two towers running XP that we use currently.

314.....Sorry you had to experience WinME. I did too.

cant remeber waht ti was but i think my dad got me a pentium 1 back in 97, but i cant remember anything about it...other than the SICK GRPAHICS!!!!! :p

eMachines 766i.

64 MB Ram... 766 mhz Intel Celeron Processor. 30 GB hard drive. 2 mb onboard graphics, 56k dial up modem (which was a PCI addon card) ..... Windows ME.......

To this day, that computer still works. Back then, it was a beast. I remember being able to play Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 at max settings at the glorious resolution of 1024 by 768 (my monitors max at the time) ... Then not very long afterward, I remember trying to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 at MINIMUM settings at .0000001 FPS... Hahaha...

I also have a 1986 Packard Bell that I bought a few years ago just to be able to play around with 5 1/4 inch floppy disks. A lot of the games back then were amazing!

As you can see from my sig, I have came a long way since my first computer... :D

The first one I could really call mine is an old HP...133MHz pentium running win98. Don't remember how much RAM, but the hard drive is a whopping 9.1GB. I haven't fired it up in quite some time...

This was just before the first Pentium 4's came out...I still remember those commercials with the Blue Man Group.

Back
Top Bottom