Upgrading Laptop Vid Card?

immortal143

In Runtime
Ok, this might seem like a dumb question but, is there like a cord or something that i could like externally connect a video card to my laptop?
I mean im pretty sure no but if there is please tell me cuz i would like to replace this shoddy 8200 for a gtx 280

No.

we really need to make a sicky thread that has a list of things that you CANT do.

no offense to OP

actually, my dads old compaq laptop had a docking station with pci slots in it, i put a 9250 in it and it worked like a charm, made older games a bit more decent on it at the time, but i think they are hard to find, and newer laptops(2004ish i guess) and up dont even have docks i dont think

so in laymans terms its not going to be able to upgrade and its way out of date in the first place if its 04 or older to even want to upgrade.

Laptop GPU's are soldered in, so you won't be able to replace it. If you want a gaming machine the most practical route is a desktop.

Trying to remember what it's called but there was a dock you could plug into the pcmcia plot and then dock a standard gpu in it. But that was a couple years back. And some laptop graphic cards are a very similar spec to some others so if you find a suitable swap in a spares shop anywhere then you'll be alright but the swap is a bit of a mission sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom