Trying to upgrade

hensleyimmanuel

Solid State Member
hey I have a question i have a Compaq presario CQ60-419WM it came with vista basic but i installed vista business 32 bit sp2 it has a AMD Sempron SI 42 2100 Mhz 1 core processor, a Nvidia GeForce 8200M G Graphics card and has 3 Gbs of DDR SDRAM expandable to 4 gb. And according to windows update my computer is up to date and my device manager is showing all devices as properly installed and working fine. Other than installing more RAM is there any other way to make my computer run to the best of it potential also try to keep in mind I'm broke so i can afford any great changes at the moment but i will gladly accept any advice given thanks to everyone.

More RAM won't really help your cause. What you need is a better processor, but for laptops that's really hard to upgrade. I recommend you save up for a newer one (laptop); that's really your best option. Second to that, I'd say is either upgrading to Windows 7 or downgrading to XP. Vista hogs too much resources. Also, try to keep as little "junk programs" installed as possible. If you have a 5400RPM hard drive you can upgrade that to 7200RPM. However, that would be at a significant cost.

More RAM won't really help your cause. What you need is a better processor, but for laptops that's really hard to upgrade. I recommend you save up for a newer one (laptop); that's really your best option. Second to that, I'd say is either upgrading to Windows 7 or downgrading to XP. Vista hogs too much resources. Also, try to keep as little "junk programs" installed as possible. If you have a 5400RPM hard drive you can upgrade that to 7200RPM. However, that would be at a significant cost.

Thank You i was affraid thats what i woould have to do is buy another laptop but oh well ill deal with this one for now

Back
Top Bottom