Hennessey Performance has done it again

Yeah, because it takes 550hp in the POS Challenger, to keep up with a 400hp Mustang. That's only in a straight line. Add in some curves, and the Mustang and Camaro will blow that thing away.

I mean, the whole retro look thing is kind of cool, the Mustang has it, yea. But Ford didn't put, "retro engineering" in. The new challenger is straight out of the 70s, and by that I mean, a boat on wheels with a strong engine.

The government was very smart in pushing Chrysler off to Fiat. Now we have at least delayed the inevitable for a couple years, and pushed it off to their problem somewhat.
Chrysler WILL tank, it's only a matter of time. It's got absolutely nothing going for it. GM has a 50/50 chance of surviving.

man your all about the "death to chrysler" bandwagon....Chrysler isnt dead yet, and the 500hp chrysler engine can kick a 400hp mustang in the cohanas, so stop trolling

man your all about the "death to chrysler" bandwagon....Chrysler isnt dead yet, and the 500hp chrysler engine can kick a 400hp mustang in the cohanas, so stop trolling
Do your math. 550hp in 4200lbs is the same as 400hp in 3000lbs. It's not about power. It's about power to weight.

And it's not even all about power to weight. It's about how you can put it down. I saw a 6.2L Hemi, 6 speed manual Dodge Challenger at the dragstrip when I was there. What did it run? 14.3 seconds. What does a Foxbody Mustang run with a stock 225fwhp engine, maybe with minor bolt ons? mid 13s. hmm, weird.

Chrysler has nothing going for it.

Do your math. 550hp in 4200lbs is the same as 400hp in 3000lbs. It's not about power. It's about power to weight.

And it's not even all about power to weight. It's about how you can put it down. I saw a 6.2L Hemi, 6 speed manual Dodge Charger at the dragstrip when I was there. What did it run? 14.3 seconds. What does a Foxbody Mustang run with a stock 225fwhp engine, maybe with minor bolt ons? mid 13s. hmm, weird.

Chrysler has nothing going for it.

Keep in mind the Charger is a full-size sedan while the fox body is a two door sports car. I do agree that the Challenger is massively overweight though.

Just try not to drool on your keyboards.....:)

Hennessey HPE600 supercharged Dodge Challenger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxAmLrW_VmY&feature=sub

Was this the Challenger they raced against the Camaro SS and the Mustang V8? I can't remember exactly, but I read an article on MotorTrend (or was it Car and Driver?) sometime ago regarding a race between a 2010 Challenger, a 2010 V8 Mustang, and a 2010 Camaro SS. Hennessey and two other groups were allowed to modify the cars as they wish so long it met certain restrictions. The Challenger was last.

edit: Actually, I think I'm wrong. I remember the Challenger group was having issues with the weight of the car; they were beginners. I think Hennessey worked on the Camaro.

Was this the Challenger they raced against the Camaro SS and the Mustang V8? I can't remember exactly, but I read an article on MotorTrend (or was it Car and Driver?) sometime ago regarding a race between a 2010 Challenger, a 2010 V8 Mustang, and a 2010 Camaro SS. Hennessey and two other groups were allowed to modify the cars as they wish so long it met certain restrictions. The Challenger was last.

edit: Actually, I think I'm wrong. I remember the Challenger group was having issues with the weight of the car; they were beginners. I think Hennessey worked on the Camaro.
Hmm...I don't know, but that would be interesting to read, if you ever find it let me know what magazine it's in.

Back
Top Bottom