Gallery: Cases

How do you guys clean the dust filters on your cases?
Do you use water or air?
Cause I have access to both but I don't wanna freeze my butt of to get to the compressor. :D
Should I just run warm water through them, I used a compressor last time.

Core 2 Quad vs 1366 I7 is a close race. Clock for clock, that is. And since not much has taken on 4 cores, I'd wait til the price drops.

One more question. The dust filter question (See above) and this one:
I have the Antec 1200 and it is positioned that I can pop off one side very easily, but it is up against the wall, so to pop off the other side I have to move my desk, drawers and a boatload of stuff to be able to take the case out of it's spot and move it. I was wondering that since it uses 4 screws on both sides, I'm wondering if I could just put the 4 on one side and leave the other side without screws, that would make cleaning the HDD bays much easier. Will it cause rattling if I only use four?

How do you guys clean the dust filters on your cases?
Do you use water or air?
Cause I have access to both but I don't wanna freeze my butt of to get to the compressor. :D
Should I just run warm water through them, I used a compressor last time.

I never ran dust filters myself. If you can keep your rig off the floor you probably won't need them.

Core 2 Quad vs 1366 I7 is a close race. Clock for clock, that is. And since not much has taken on 4 cores, I'd wait til the price drops.

That's what I had planned. The most intensive thing I do on my computer is gaming, and most quads out there don't seem to have a problem handling it.

One more question. The dust filter question (See above) and this one:
I have the Antec 1200 and it is positioned that I can pop off one side very easily, but it is up against the wall, so to pop off the other side I have to move my desk, drawers and a boatload of stuff to be able to take the case out of it's spot and move it. I was wondering that since it uses 4 screws on both sides, I'm wondering if I could just put the 4 on one side and leave the other side without screws, that would make cleaning the HDD bays much easier. Will it cause rattling if I only use four?

On my 900 I only had screws on one side and it didn't rattle. You should be fine, but the only way to find out is to try it yourself.

I never ran dust filters myself. If you can keep your rig off the floor you probably won't need them.
On my 900 I only had screws on one side and it didn't rattle. You should be fine, but the only way to find out is to try it yourself.

Haha mine is on the floor so I need the filters, they really do show how useful they are. (They are very dusty :)) Yeah I'll try it on one side and pop the power on and see what happens, it's only one HDD so it shouldn't be a big problem.

What kinda filters are they? I don't see why rinsing them with water would cause a problem. If they're metal make sure they're completely dry.

I had one cage filled completely and it didn't rattle for me.

the 1200 dust covers are wire mesh, and water is fine to use, that is what i use.

so lets say if its sitting on a desk, dust isnt a big issue?

never tried no dust filters lol

and shokking
your rear fan wires will fight behind the mobo tray

ex:

IMG_5635-1.jpg

you can see the wires going behind the panel in the top of the pics.

IMG_5633.jpg

all my case fans in the rear and top go to one molex and all the front fans go to another molex, on the same rail.

the 1200 dust covers are wire mesh, and water is fine to use, that is what i use.

so lets say if its sitting on a desk, dust isnt a big issue?

never tried no dust filters lol

and shokking
your rear fan wires will fight behind the mobo tray

ex:

IMG_5635-1.jpg

you can see the wires going behind the panel in the top of the pics.

IMG_5633.jpg

all my case fans in the rear and top go to one molex and all the front fans go to another molex, on the same rail.

I have mine on a desk with no filters and dust isn't that bad. I just blow it out every few weeks. When you have the case on the floor your intake fans will pick up a lot more dust.

im going to rewire the entire thing tomorrow, do you know if i can plug the plugs for the fans into each other? i've noticed that they have a plug for it in the back

Back
Top Bottom