Random Chit Chat

I had to report a UPS claim once... I ordered some head gaskets from a seller on ebay, and they got bent in the mail. I filed the claim, and supposedly they were supposed to pay the seller, and I emailed him a month later, and he claimed he hadn't been payed... I emailed him again recently(like 4 months later) and haven't heard back. No idea if UPS has paid or not.

I had to report a UPS claim once... I ordered some head gaskets from a seller on ebay, and they got bent in the mail. I filed the claim, and supposedly they were supposed to pay the seller, and I emailed him a month later, and he claimed he hadn't been payed... I emailed him again recently(like 4 months later) and haven't heard back. No idea if UPS has paid or not.

Gotta be assertive. Keep calling. Keep complaining. It took me a month and half to get a new TV that was still under warranty when it ended up going haywire in the bottom corner. I called at least once a week until finally I told them I was getting a lawyer--new TV was in my house the next week.

The transmission on my brothers old '88 Nissan Maxima is acting up. Its an automatic, and it wont gear up any higher than second gear. Too bad, its a nice performing car. Although it looks like absolute crap, lol. Visually its entirely stock... Under the hood's packing a Ford 5.0 with cold air intake straight from a Mustang. It took a while to get that engine to fit, lol. Its kind of fun to drive, because when you see it pull up to a red light in something a couple kids think is "old and crappy" and they think they can blow you away and you can go screaming off twice as fast, lol........

Fond memories of that car last summer when he came down for a visit.

Doesnt look like a performer but it was a fun car :)
Its just like this but a little rustier and the back doors are welded shut
800px-2nd_Nissan_Maxima.jpg

Talk about a sleeper. Too bad about the transmission though. Good excuse to drop a manual tranny in there :D

he always wanted to see if he could turn it into a chop-top. He's thinking he might try cutting off the roof while its not great for the road right now anyway. Not sure if it's going to be worth paying for a new transmission.

he always wanted to see if he could turn it into a chop-top. He's thinking he might try cutting off the roof while its not great for the road right now anyway. Not sure if it's going to be worth paying for a new transmission.

That would be interesting.

The transmission on my brothers old '88 Nissan Maxima is acting up. Its an automatic, and it wont gear up any higher than second gear. Too bad, its a nice performing car. Although it looks like absolute crap, lol. Visually its entirely stock... Under the hood's packing a Ford 5.0 with cold air intake straight from a Mustang. It took a while to get that engine to fit, lol. Its kind of fun to drive, because when you see it pull up to a red light in something a couple kids think is "old and crappy" and they think they can blow you away and you can go screaming off twice as fast, lol........

Fond memories of that car last summer when he came down for a visit.

Doesnt look like a performer but it was a fun car :)
Its just like this but a little rustier and the back doors are welded shut
800px-2nd_Nissan_Maxima.jpg

Could be an electrical, governor or oil line pressure fault. The early gearboxes relied on oil line pressure and a governor to tighten up the brakebands/clutch plates around the planet gears to give you the ratios.

Then they moved over to hydro electric operation. In some boxes the 1st and 2nd gears were hydro controlled, as above, then 3rd, torque lock and 4th were electronically actuated by solenoids. They then had electronically controlled gears and torque lock ups.

It might not be an internal problem in which case you could fix it in a day.

Back
Top Bottom