NEw computer for me

newbuyer

Beta member
HI

I'm currently in the market to purchase a high performance gaming computer with a cap of $4000. I would prefer to ensure that my computer is as future proof as possible, the graphics card is nvidia, and the cpu and motherboard are set up for overclocking and SLI.

The computer store quoted me the below specs

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 MB - LGA1366 Intel x58 - Motherboard - $438
Intel core i7 920 processor 2.66GHZ - CPU - 429
Corsair CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 6GB (3*XMSC2GB) DDR# - RAM - 250.8
Galaxy GF GTX 295 - Graphics - 699
ANtec 1200 - Case - 269
Antec Tricool 80mm case fan - side fan - 20
Western Digital Caviar Green Power 1TB - Hard Drive - 109
Kingston SSD Now V-series SNV125 64GB - system hard drive - 179
1000W Corsair HX-1000 ATX power supply - Power supply - 335.23
Asus xonar hdav13/deluxe/a - sound card - 294.53
Netgear WN111 rangemax - wireless - 89
hauppauge wintv nova-t 500 mce - tv tuner - 199

operating system will be a windows 7 ultimate.

Feel free to addd/amend/delete/comment where ever possible.

Is this a good system for what I need?:confused:

^^
Yeah I would go with AMD, well he could go with Intel and a ATI card, but that just don't make sense. Haha. Let's see what he chooses and we can work from there.

Guys, you need to realize that this is not a budget build. The Phenom II comes nowhere close to an i7/i5. Here's what I recommend:

Core i7 860
MSI P55

However, the motherboard and processor you selected would also be very good. As far as video card, I also recommend the HD5970, but if you're really onto nVidia get the 295 without question.

Guys, you need to realize that this is not a budget build. The Phenom II comes nowhere close to an i7/i5. Here's what I recommend:

Core i7 860
MSI P55

However, the motherboard and processor you selected would also be very good. As far as video card, I also recommend the HD5970, but if you're really onto nVidia get the 295 without question.

I know it is not a budget build. But here's where I am stuck. I have yet to see an Intel board that can use ATI crossfire. Maybe there is, maybe not IDK.
But if he was to have such a budget I would recommend a 5970 also, it is a beast card and the same price as 295, but it wouldn't make sense cause on that budget he could get two of those cards, and he won't be able to cause you can't crossfire. So Idk hwo to solve this problem.

I know it is not a budget build. But here's where I am stuck. I have yet to see an Intel board that can use ATI crossfire. Maybe there is, maybe not IDK.
But if he was to have such a budget I would recommend a 5970 also, it is a beast card and the same price as 295, but it wouldn't make sense cause on that budget he could get two of those cards, and he won't be able to cause you can't crossfire. So Idk hwo to solve this problem.

I went to NewEgg. Motherboards. Intel. X58. Sorted by most reviews. Found the first one at the top: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188039&cm_re=X58-_-13-188-039-_-Product

Crossfire ready.

@whyfly?? - pretty much all of the new intel 1366/1156 mobos have both crossfire and sli support. Im an intel fan but i prefer ati cards just because of the performance/ budget scaling. the high end cards are just as pricy as nvidias though

Back
Top Bottom