Is This a Good Deal?

Blak01

Beta member
The company a family member of mine works for is going bankrupt and their selling off all of the computers they've used to store information and what not - just office computers. So I have two questions:

1.) I wanted to find the same computer online and check the specs. Where would I find the model number on the actual computer? It can't be turned on, I don't think, so I won't be able to use any programs and what not but rather just look at the case's exterior for any info I need. And also, if there's any other information that would be helpful that I should get, to be able to find either the exact computer or something identical in specs online, that information would be nice, too.

2.) Obviously don't know the specs of the PC just yet, but would a (used) Dell computer (I'm assuming it isn't super old), with a flat screen monitor and a printer for $350 out the door be good for a family that doesn't have a computer. Meaning 1.) Is the price good? And 2.) Is not having a computer at home even more a reason why the deal is "good?" Or can she get a better bargain considering the times (economy, xmas sales, etc) if she bought a brand new computer? I don't know the answer, to be honest. Is this the "deal of the century", a "decent deal", or a, "pass up and find something new with updated specs" type of thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heading over there tomorrow and would love some opinions.

Thanks!

Definitely have to know specs of computer. Find model number, we can spec it out from there. You can do a pretty powerful custom media build for about 320 shipped right now. (no OS, monitor, keyboard, or mouse)

You should be able to find out the make and model number on the back of the PC. Look for any stickers or barcodes that may contain the info you need. if they are up to date systems and in working order, $350 isn't a bad deal for a complete system with monitor and printer.

Thanks for the quick reply and the help, guys. I'll get the specs and post them here either tomorrow or Sunday. :)

Back
Top Bottom