January 19, 2038

Half Evil

Golden Master
Apparently someone I know thinks the internet is going to fail lol

While we're on the subject - January 19, 2038 at 03:14:08, Unix time overflows and time-aware Unix programs will cease to function. Since 99% of the internet backbone is Unix-based...

I didn't even google it. Im busy right now but I think it will make an interesting discussion.

....Go!

I don't think we have to worry about it at all. Afterall, 2012 is coming up here soon. And we all know that if we see it in the movies (or TV)....it's true.

Well looks like all they have to do is get all systems running on 64 bit and get rid of 32 bit systems and apps. I'm sure that will be done by 2038 so I don't think its really gonna be that big of a deal. They should just do what they did with digital TV a few years ago. If you still got one by the time you need to upgrade than guess what your outta luck :D

Dec 21st, 2012; the dramatic moment when the end of the world, and everything we have ever known will continue to go on like nothing happened.

lol.....Just like Y2K. On New Years Eve 1999 when everyone thought everything was going to shut down at midnight and nothing happened I don't think anyone was surprised. But it took about 1 min for everyone to completely forget about it.....LOL

lol.....Just like Y2K. On New Years Eve 1999 when everyone thought everything was going to shut down at midnight and nothing happened I don't think anyone was surprised. But it took about 1 min for everyone to completely forget about it.....LOL

Yeah we will probably be on 512 bit etc by then anyway! :D

Back
Top Bottom