Random Chit Chat

I just got my Sony BRAVIA from Newegg. The LCD panel has multiple cracks, making it completely unusable. Just emailed Newegg about the issue. I also called UPS to file a claim, and they're taking it in tomorrow for inspection.

Hopefully Newegg's renowned customer service will carry me through.

I just got my Sony BRAVIA from Newegg. The LCD panel has multiple cracks, making it completely unusable. Just emailed Newegg about the issue. I also called UPS to file a claim, and they're taking it in tomorrow for inspection.

Hopefully Newegg's renowned customer service will carry me through.

Ouch, hope it gets resolved quickly.

Really stings to be honest. I've been reading their terms and agreements, and it says I'll need to pay a 15% restocking fee to return it.

If it was broken, they won't make you pay the fee.
If you are getting a replacement, they'll just ship it to you, and if you are getting a refund, they may refund 85%, but send an email and ask why you had to pay it on a defective item, and they will immediately refund the rest.

Hopefully, that's the case.

1. Television Standard Return Policy
1. Summary
* Return for refund within: 30 days
* Return for replacement within: 30 days
* Restocking Fee: Yes
* There must be a minimum of 8 dead pixels to declare an LCD display defective and eligible for return.
2. Detail
1. This is our Standard 30-Day Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states "This item may be returned for a replacement or refund within 30 days only") must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.

This policy includes (but is not limited to) CRT TVs, DLP TVs, Home Theater Projectors, LCD TVs, and Plasma TVs.

NOTE: For televisions above 37 inches: An adult (age 18 or older) is required to sign the shipping courier's release form to complete delivery. By signing this release, you are acknowledging and agreeing to Newegg's Policy and Agreement that you cannot return the television to Newegg for a refund, and that the condition of the delivery is satisfactory. After delivery, please read all included documentation and/or contact the manufacturer directly to determine applicable warranty coverage, if any AIT shipments require that shipping damage is reported within 48 HOURS of the product's delivery.

The following conditions are not acceptable for return, and will result in the merchandise being returned to you:
* Any LCD screen that has less than 8 dead pixels
* Any television that is damaged due to neglect, abuse or misuse
* Any television that is not in its original packaging with all accessories and manuals

Well, I want the television. Probably a replacement. Hopefully the customer representative will work something out, because I really don't feel the urge to pay $150 to restock a broken product.

Wow. 3'C outside.

My remote computer in the garage is that cold the CPU fan hasn't started to spin yet!

:rolleyes:

EDIT:

It has just started 10 minutes after booting it. 815RPM! lol

It was like -9f about a day or so ago at night, which is about -22c here in Aurora, CO. It was freezing cold, I felt bad for those homeless people/animals. I was only out there for a minute or two, and my fingers was freezing. It's starting to get warm again, yay sun!

Back
Top Bottom