random "no input signal" problem

promethious612

Beta member
computer specs:

(nothing is overclocked or has ever bean overclocked)

intel core 2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

4GB OCZ DDR2 memory

Evga 780i sli Motherboard

Evga 8800 GTS 512MB DDR3

450 Wat power supply

This computer is a custom build and is running window vista ultimate 64bit edition
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Problem:
-The monitor will randomly turn to a "No input signal" but the computer will stay on. i will then turn of the computer and turn it back on and the muther board will not boot all the way. It stops at 52 which the book says is a memory problem. I think i have a dying or dead motherboard though it is only 6 moths old. Does anyone else have any ideas. This is what i have done so far to fix trouble shoot it.

Trouble shooting so far.

- reset the bios to factory settings.
- took out the graphics card and the reinstalled it.
- reseeded the memory(took it out started it up turned it of put it back in) This is the only thing that worked a little. The problem would go away for a little while then come back and i would have to reseed the memory again.
- used different memory that i know are good
- tried different dim slots.

computer specs:

(nothing is overclocked or has ever bean overclocked)

intel core 2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

4GB OCZ DDR2 memory

Evga 780i sli Motherboard

Evga 8800 GTS 512MB DDR3

450 Wat power supply

This computer is a custom build and is running window vista ultimate 64bit edition
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Problem:
-The monitor will randomly turn to a "No input signal" but the computer will stay on. i will then turn of the computer and turn it back on and the muther board will not boot all the way. It stops at 52 which the book says is a memory problem. I think i have a dying or dead motherboard though it is only 6 moths old. Does anyone else have any ideas. This is what i have done so far to fix trouble shoot it.

Trouble shooting so far.

- reset the bios to factory settings.
- took out the graphics card and the reinstalled it.
- reseeded the memory(took it out started it up turned it of put it back in) This is the only thing that worked a little. The problem would go away for a little while then come back and i would have to reseed the memory again.
- used different memory that i know are good
- tried different dim slots.
sounds like you got it figured out. motherboard is probably dead, try a bigger power supply i think 450 watts is a little low for your system, that is probably not the cause of the problem though.

yeah thats what i figured it was an expensive motherboard so i really was hoping that was not the case. Thanx for the input i new 450 was too low but have not had the money to upgrade. Looks like i am going to be spending all my money on a new mobo :(

lol 60 dollars an hour to tell me something i already know, i don't think so. But on the same hand if is not the mobo then it would be worth it hmm i will have to think on this.

yeh, if the motherboard is only worth 60 dollars that don't do it, if it worth more than it might be worth it to take it in.

Back
Top Bottom