Mr. ComputerForums

Nah. Going with a combo block for NB/SB. Bitspower's 790i MCP/SPP block. The problem is, that with the Evga 790i series boards, you have to remove the enture cooler set which is the NB cooler, SB cooler, and 3 MOSFET banks all surrounding the socket. I can't fetch any MOSFET blocks or I lose the ability to fit on my CPU-340 (which only makes contact with the CPU on the left side right now...)

I've heard the suggestion quite a few times to change CPU blocks and be done with the problem, but I really want to avoid that. I am VERY impressed with this block. Even only making half contact, at 4GHz, the temp remains at 29C and 30C idle. With rear case fan completely off, Fans at 60% on rad, and pump at 50%. That really makes a statement for how much potential this block has.

[/offtopic]

Update on that Sniper? Running mine at 14C right now.

Using one of my temperature diodes to read the room ambient... V V V

Picture124.jpg

CPU Temp V V V

CPUTemp.png

I love my CPU-340. As I have mentioned before, it's only making half contact on the CPU.

EDIT: Only moments after taking the shots, they both went down to 13C.

Surprisingly, it's not a broken read. All Nforce 7 series boards by Evga have done this (or at least from what I see) Speedfan and HWM both read 100C average for system temp. I know it's wrong, but I don't think it's broken. Or something that can be "fixed" by RMA. Both my 730i and my 790i do this.

My Q9550 was at 13C. CBF to get try right now. I'll work on it again in the morning.

Did you downclock to 800MHz?

EDIT: I see what you are looking at. Individual core temps are always higher for Intel. It's supposed to be core temp is equal to Cores added and divided by number present (equation for average). Didn't apply to my other quad, same with this one.

My Q9550 was at 13C. CBF to get try right now. I'll work on it again in the morning.

Did you downclock to 800MHz?

EDIT: I see what you are looking at. Individual core temps are always higher for Intel. It's supposed to be core temp is equal to Cores added and divided by number present (equation for average). Didn't apply to my other quad, same with this one.

lol yes.

Back
Top Bottom