Wierd computer, help!

I found an old computer in the dump that I'm looking to get up and running. It looks like an old IBM server, I can plug in a mouse and monitor and everything but when I power it on I hear a few odd beeps and nothing shows up on the screen. Any chance I can get this working or is it fuсked?

I found an old computer in the dump that I'm looking to get up and running. It looks like an old IBM server, I can plug in a mouse and monitor and everything but when I power it on I hear a few odd beeps and nothing shows up on the screen. Any chance I can get this working or is it fuсked?

You might be able to get it working, even if you do it is probably going to be slow and worthless, there was probably a reason why it was in the dump. IF you want some help post what hardware is in, that would give us something to work on.
On a side note, why were you in the dump?

You might be able to get it working, even if you do it is probably going to be slow and worthless, there was probably a reason why it was in the dump. IF you want some help post what hardware is in, that would give us something to work on.
Agreed. I would consider it a project to just take up time and quell boredom.....I would not expect anything out of it at all.

On a side note, why were you in the dump?
Good question.

I was at the dump to throw out garbage. There's always tons of computers in the scrap metal heap. This one looked cool.

if the computer "looked" cool, then it's probably worth poking around to see if he can get it running, how many prebuilts "look" cool...? not many, and the ones that do are the top of the line prebuilts, it's worth a shot in my opinion...

and seriously, y'all have never heard of dumpster diving...? people/retail stores throw away a lot of good stuff because they don't know how to fix it, and sometimes it's an easy fix, I personally don't "dumpster dive" but some people take that stuff seriously to the point where they have a schedule to which store dumps their trash and even when they do it (day of the week and time), though it is supposedly illegal to do outside of stores...

if the computer "looked" cool, then it's probably worth poking around to see if he can get it running, how many prebuilts "look" cool...? not many, and the ones that do are the top of the line prebuilts, it's worth a shot in my opinion...

and seriously, y'all have never heard of dumpster diving...? people/retail stores throw away a lot of good stuff because they don't know how to fix it, and sometimes it's an easy fix, I personally don't "dumpster dive" but some people take that stuff seriously to the point where they have a schedule to which store dumps their trash and even when they do it (day of the week and time), though it is supposedly illegal to do outside of stores...

Would be nice to know what he meant by it looked cool, cool case, looked like a server or whatever, if it is just a cool case, gut it out and put in your own stuff.
I have heard of dumpster diving, i have done it before:D . But the dump is different, pretty sure you are not even supposed to be crawling around there beyond dumping your stuff. There are usually a lot of machines there and maybe some dangerous/toxic stuff in a dump.

Back
Top Bottom