Cleaning my laptop screen?

AZJim

Beta member
Hi all, maybe not this category, but then I didn't see a better one for this. And of course, we all know "there are no stupid questions," right? :)

How do I clean the (cheapo) matte/anti-glare display on my ever-so-budget Dell Vostro 1510?

I have a couple of smudges on it where I've quickly wiped something away by hand and I don't want to do that again.

Are these minor blemishes permanent and what's the best way to clean this thing?

Thanks, Jim

Not a stupid question in the slightest! I must admit I tried all sorts of kits, wipes and the lot - until I picked up a £5 screen cleaning kit from ASDA. Have to say it's genuinally been the best one I've found, got rid of a very nasty smudge / stain that nothing else really budged!

In case you haven't got an Asda where you are, it comes with a brush (to get rid of the loose bits of dirt first of all) then a spray and a cloth. 2 or 3 sprays on the screen, gentle wipe over with the cloth and dirt is gone :)

Hmmm...looks like you're in the UK so no we don't have ASDA here. At least not that I know of. So what I'll do is just do a search for a "screen cleaning kit" and something is sure to turn up.

Thanks again,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom