Crackling audio, have mp3 file for you to listen.

apples0_17

Baseband Member
Hi guys, and gals.

So I'm getting this crackling throught the headset. Brand new PC

ASUS P6t board
i7 920 cpu
6gb ram

I had the Logitech G35 headsets and the crackling was really bad. So I took them back to the shops for a full refund. They have the USB plug and a built in seperate digital sound card, thus the USB connection.

So then I bought some Plantronics Gamecon 377's, these have the analogue 3.5mm plugs.

Then I bought an Andrea USB sound pod, this converts the analog to digital sound for higher quality. Also having the USB sound pod (like a thumb drive) it is outside the computer case, so there is less electrical 'noise' from all the electrics right.

The reason I have the sound pod is for higher quality audio, and I am using it for speach to text dictation using Dragon naturally speaking 10.

Anyway I will post the link of a video about the crackling with the Logitech G35's I was getting. And if the forum lets me I will upload the other mp3 file I made last night.

The mp3 sound is very quiet so you will need to turn up your volume to hear the crackling.

I have no idea what is causing the issue and it is bugging me badly, like when you have an ichy nose and your hands are full so you can't scratch.

Any help will be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWqy65kR2ww

Peter

looks like not able to upload mp3, but anyway the crackling on the mp3 was like on youtube video but much less.

Could it be the jack? That was the first thing that popped into my head. If they don't take it back, the first thing I would do is test the female end with another headset. If it works, then focus on the male end. I would cut it off and sauder another on.

I had this problem recently with a cheap pair of wireless headphones. I ended up tearing it apart, reinstalling the components into an ear protection headset meant for shooting. I then replaced the male end coming out of the receiver and presto....I have a very, very good set (albeit ugly as hell) that didn't crackle anymore.....AND had better sound (less interference). IMO, you don't have to spend that much money to get a good headset. Basically, I made my own with what I had around the house.

Nah won't be the plug etc because I have tried 3 different usb plugs on the motherboard two headsets, on for 3.5mm pin type plug an other usb headset.

Back
Top Bottom