Random Chit Chat

The price is insane now back in july I could have got it for 60$ I just thought that the price would drop even more if I waited. Oh well I think I'm going to get that for christmas.

For my dad I am going to get him windows 7 since the guy who built his system back in 2004 used non genuine xp and no one had any extra money to buy windows and make it better so as of right now he is still running windows xp SP1 and cannot get updates to later service packs.

So what is everyone buying their friends and family for christmas?

^ This. I wanted to try another Nforce chipset because of how well the last one performed. And let me say, this board has proven not to disappoint in the overclocking region.

It also happens to feature Tri-SLI which wasn't an intentional purchase, but a nice added bonus. My main goal is to purchase a 295 when I have enough money to spare for it. Since the card is a hardware SLI card, I need a chipset to support SLI. But plans are changing (as they always do) and it seems the price is actually RAISING on the 295 and higher end cards. So, I'll buy a 216 to hold me over until the GT300 comes out. And we'll go from there. I didn't want to make a 560-570 dollar purchase on outdated hardware. After seeing the incredible difference for DX11, I decided I needed it to be on my next card.

If It's just going to hold you over for a while, why not buy a very low end 5000 series card, so you will have DX11, then sell it when its time to get a new one? Just an idea.

I love my LiteON drive. 30 dollars for a super all-read/all-write OEM with LS support? Hell yeah. Works great, not all too quiet. But what do I know, I have three 50+dB fans in my case.

5870? Possibly. I am pretty sure it would since everyone seems convinced it can out-bench a 295. Of course, we've only heard this from pro-ATi sites. I'd have to cast the tests myself to see which I believed. Everyone toys with the benches to make the product they like most look good.

Which models of the 260's do you own? Older 216's, newer? SC's SSC's?

the shots show the cards

55062292.jpg

Back
Top Bottom