5970 review.

Rephrase your statement, then. Being a "Fanboy" doesn't make a person ignorant.

I'm not really offended, but only a little miffed that you included a person like me (a Nvidia Fanboy) in a statement that covers those who suffer from denial and happen to be fanatics for Nvidia.

I know, just as much as you know, the 5xxx series is the absolute pinnacle for performance and pricing (in ratio to performance). It doesn't upset me at all, I'm happy to see ATi back in the game. I just prefer my Nvidia products mostly for the brand that carries them - Evga.

true EVGA makes good cards, i wish they made ATi cards.
would be nice to have a good OC program lol.

and i did not mean to involve you in my statement.

and by 'hope so' i ment as a meaningless joke.

Of course :D Which is why I couldn't be offended. I meant that as a joke but wanted to sound semi-serious, lul.

[/offtopic]

I am quite impressed with the card. Shame it wouldn't do anything for me in my rig :|

Of course :D Which is why I couldn't be offended. I meant that as a joke but wanted to sound semi-serious, lul.

[/offtopic]

I am quite impressed with the card. Shame it wouldn't do anything for me in my rig :|

then i think we need to build you a rig using your money!
its always easier to spend others money anyway right? lol

Rephrase your statement, then. Being a "Fanboy" doesn't make a person ignorant.

I'm not really offended, but only a little miffed that you included a person like me (a Nvidia Fanboy) in a statement that covers those who suffer from denial and happen to be fanatics for Nvidia.

I know, just as much as you know, the 5xxx series is the absolute pinnacle for performance and pricing (in ratio to performance). It doesn't upset me at all, I'm happy to see ATi back in the game. I just prefer my Nvidia products mostly for the brand that carries them - Evga.

They never left ;)

then i think we need to build you a rig using your money!
its always easier to spend others money anyway right? lol

Haha, what money? Every bit I make goes right back out for food and bills. I like building on my computer, but I like a house and utilities more. oh, and eating - I like doing that.

I don't think (since the 5970 is a CF enabled single card) that CF would be possible on my board. Like, my board might actually overvolt the card just to make a point :F

I don't think (since the 5970 is a CF enabled single card) that CF would be possible on my board. Like, my board might actually overvolt the card just to make a point :F

It would work. My 4870 x2 and 4850 x2 work on non-crossfire boards. All hardware for crossfire is contained on the card.

Nah. I'm going to take advantage of what my board has to offer. SLI + dedicated PhysX.

lol ok. I'm actually debating getting a lower-end nvidia card for physx, but I'm kinda worried that the x8/x8 bandwidth drop will kill it. Maybe I'll get a DFI board. They bridge the extra PCI-e x2 connections together to make a third x16 slot that runs at x4 that doesnt affect the other two slots. That way, I'd still have x16/x16 and I dont think x4 would do much to a 9400 or a 9600.

I really don't think it's going to bother you as much as you think. It's about the same difference for x8 and x16 as it is for PCI-E 1.1 vs 2.0. 6-7 frames mostly. I think you'll see more of a benefit from offloading the CPU than you will see a loss from losing bandwidth.

PCI-E Scaling.

This is where you begin to see options. Run your 4870x2 at 16 lanes and tape down the PhysX card to 4 lanes.

Back
Top Bottom