Maybe i will build.

eric300zx

Solid State Member
I put together these items on ibuypower , for ease of not having to go through and look at some of the "little things" because i am sure i'll look something over and then something will not be compatible etc. but anyways. this build seems nice imo. what you think? for gaming.

Case NZXT Gamma Gaming Mid Tower Case-Black
Processor AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU
Processor Cooling [Free Upgrade] iBUYPOWER AMD Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit
Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair
Video Card ATI Radeon HD 4670 – 1GB-Single Card

Motherboard ASUS M4A77TD PRO -- AMD 770/SB710 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB
Power Supply 600 Watt -- Power Supply-SLI Ready
Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s-Single Drive
Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....)-64-Bit

for 876.00usd (on ibuypower i think) cheaper i guess if i grab these parts from tigerdirect/newegg .

do u have links?

no links, my post was trying to say, these are the things i want this is the price at ibuypower. I know most of u guys/gals are great at knowledge and can (right off the back) say, "this would be better at ___WEBSITE___ for this much" that kind of thing. :D

you could get a better GPU, but that depends on what size screen you use.

I have 22" screen. But the build needs to be on the lower end of 800$, any thoughts?

For a budget build, I'd recommend cutting on CPU cores and adding power. Go to a high clocked Core 2 Duo with a good heatsink. Overclock it. You'll get better results for a cheaper price when compared to a quad-core. You can then use the money you saved to invest on graphical processing power.

Grab the parts from newegg.

Are you willing to biuld yourself or go and buy off ibuypower

i could do either, rather reluctant to build myself. been a LONG time. but if what i posted is all compatible and good to go, then yea,....of course its on the word of the good ppl on these forums.

For a budget build, I'd recommend cutting on CPU cores and adding power. Go to a high clocked Core 2 Duo with a good heatsink. Overclock it. You'll get better results for a cheaper price when compared to a quad-core. You can then use the money you saved to invest on graphical processing power.

Grab the parts from newegg.

great advise, can u give suggestions as to what exactly to go with?
I can go to any website on the internet, but would love an example of what u mean. IE. get this processor (and since i dont know how to overclock), this is how u overclock, with this heatsink, and this motherboard.

Thanks

we do have a section all about over clocking, you could post there and ask whats the best proc to OC with ect. could get more answers there.

Well, turns out the PII 955 Deneb AM3 is cheaper than a Wolfdale E8400. In this case, I would stick with this quad-core.

As far as a motherboard, I would grab this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138130

I have the stepped down version of that (TA770+ A2) and it OC's pretty well. If you have more money to dish out, try this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131366

As far as heatsink, I'd grab a cheap Xigmatek to begin with. Unless you're going to be really hardcore, this should be an excellent buy at a cheap price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._re=xigmatek_hdt-s1283-_-35-233-003-_-Product

NOTE: I'm pretty sure AM2/AM2+ heatsinks fit right onto AM3 sockets. I may be mistaken, I want someone to confirm this for me.

Lastly, you can post specific questions about OC on our OC/Modding forum. I will be writing a brief guide soon.

Back
Top Bottom