overclocking amd athlon II x4 620 freezing

grantofhell got it

the voltage is adjustable as long as you use the +/- on the numpad

i overclocked the 2.6ghz to a 3.01ghz and adjusted the voltage to 1.4v i guess ill run a stress test and a benchmark test and see how it does

i wont lie lol... flashing the bios seems kinda scary having never done it before there is alot of warnings with is much like overclocking but the damage can be a lot more extensive

OK then. also AMD overdrive is pretty useful for testing overclocks, just be sure to reset it when youre done testing and enter the values you figured out into the BIOS.

temp went up a little its around 51*c so far

but stable

OK then. also AMD overdrive is pretty useful for testing overclocks, just be sure to reset it when youre done testing and enter the values you figured out into the BIOS.

i havent done anything like that ive just adjusted them in the bios than started it to see what happened i have saved one of the profiles to one that is basically default

so far highest measured was 53 so i guess ill let it run for a few more hours and see if it lockes up or not

no im am not running anything i was just adjusting fsb and the voltage in the bios

i was running it yesterday with the voltage increaced to 1.400 volts and it froze up again not exactly sure of the problem but im guessing it is heat/voltage related so i guess im gona set it back to factory specs and get another heat sink / psu

*I skipped all the reading from what's already been posted because of lack of time, I will get straight to the point.

VDroop. That is my problem and could well be yours. VDroop is a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom