Eyefinity question...

foothead

Omnicide now.
OK, simple question. If I were to get a 5800 or 5900 series card and set up eyefinity, would it be able to bridge a 1920x1200 monitor with a 3840x1200 monitor, one on each DVI without using a displayport. Basically, do the monitors have to be the same height, or the same height and width?

What I want to do is buy a controller that takes a dual-link DVI and splits it into 2 separate DVI signals (it is possible, I found one, though it is expensive) and use it on my 4870 x2 to be able to have dual monitors with crossfirex still running and to create a sort of poor mans eyefinity until the price on 5000 series cards comes down a lot, then use it to create triple-monitor eyefinity without buying a displayport to DVI converter (it costs about the same)

they would not have to be the same size, just looks better if there all the same size.

Well they will all be the same size, just to the card they will be different resolutions because one DVI port will be rendering 2 of the monitors, just with a controller separating the signals.

But thanks, thats what I needed to know. I figure this way I'll be able to game on 2 monitors with an extended resolution without eyefinity, and when i do get eyefinity, it will spare me from having to buy a DP to DVI adapter

Back
Top Bottom