Quad Crossfire

but i pushed f1 to enter bios setup and it never entered bios setup

I have southbridge RAID0 enabled... that would be why
I just need to get into bios setup but it wont let me
if i touch delete, it wont give me any video

cant just use 1 HDD not in raid?

or use the HDD from the other PC and use its OS to fix it?
just shooting out ideas

the bios is totally screwed up
f11 (boot menu) or del (bios setup) = no video
if i dont touch anything it will run through the bios as normal
all i need to do is enable raid and itll work...

If this mobo is dead im just gonna say screw it and buy an ASUS m4a79t or a crosshair iii. 3 months is way too long to wait to get a replacement mobo

yeah except I'm pretty low on money atm
I think I'll have to wait unti Christmas to get it

Also, are the forum layouts messed up for anyone else? I'm getting no avatars and the edit/reply buttons are gone

there all fine for me.

and i learned my lesson, dont be speedy when buying PC parts... i was cheep with my Mobo...and i reqret not getting Crossfire board.

well, my ECS board is everything I need if i could get the damn thing to work. On the first one, the NB got to 142 C and burned up. It took me 2 months to get ECS to give me an RMA number and then another month for them to actually give me a new board. Except it wasnt new it was 'refurbished' which means someone sent it back and they got it to halfway work then they gave it me. It never did work right, it would only initalize my video card half the time from the day I got it, and now its like 1/3 to 1/4 of the time.

so idk I think I'll get the ASUS and maybe try to RMA this board also and when I get the replacement I'll just save it for another rig.

Sounds obvious, but have you tried dong a hard reset? Take out the BIOS battery for a few minutes, or find the BIOS reset jumper.

Do it while the PC is off, and unpowered (flip PSU switch or pull plug) wait 5 mins or so and replace jumper or put battery back in. Your board also might have a Reset CMOS button on the board. That will work, but make sure it is unpowered.

Did you put your CF bridge on?
Is the 4850x2 damaged in any way?
Have you tested the 4850x2 and the 4870x2 both alone in your system in the top slot. I'd check that 4850x2 as a single card. Sounds like it is stopping the whole lineup. When one goes, video will not display.

Back
Top Bottom