Mr. ComputerForums

Does it have to be 100% stable? cus I got my 955 to 4.5 once, just not stable... 4.0 was stable, just too hot for my tastes

I assume that it has to be a stable/useable overclock proved by screenshots of stability tests. Thats why I provide as much info and ensure that Prime 95 passes at least the first set of tests.

OK then.
I'm sure I'll be able to get something really high when I get my dry ice pot finished.
Right now, I can get pretty high with my lcs, but my waterblock suck arse so it gets really hot...

If it doesn't have to be stable, I'm sure I can easily hit 4.5Ghz+.

IMO if it's not stable it's irrelevant. Who cares how high you can go if you can't do shit with it.

I used to run an overclock database here but it didn't really ever take off. We had maybe 10 tops that posted there clocks. But I also had requirements such as orthos/prime95 load times in 3 or 6 hour intervals. (Perhaps why it didn't take off) Then everything was charted on an excel spreadsheet uploaded to photobucket.

Users just uploaded a pic with there system running prime and some other apps. Example of mine back when we did it. God I'd like to do a complete new build but I just can't justify it right now. This one in the pic is pretty crappy by today's standards lol.

3hoursOrthosStable.jpg

Don't I hold the highest actual clock with my P4 630? Shame I can't use it anymore. I bought an E179, and only the E180 has support for the older procs :|. I could have gone a lot higher but my 680i's BIOS only allowed 1.8V before droop. This one allows 2.0 after droop.

Don't I hold the highest actual clock with my P4 630? Shame I can't use it anymore. I bought an E179, and only the E180 has support for the older procs :|. I could have gone a lot higher but my 680i's BIOS only allowed 1.8V before droop. This one allows 2.0 after droop.

How did you OC a P4 that high?
I thought they were limited to 10% because the same voltage was used for something else (i dont remember what though)

Huh? The P4 HT S775 procs go incredibly high. I've seen them go to 6+.
I really want to get a hold of a P4 524. 23x multi with a 533 bus. With the architecture it has, it can easily take 1.7 volts after droop.

Back
Top Bottom