Buying a new laptop

I actually axed the studio xps 16 from my list of laptops I could get, from this review on getting bad ratings for gaming. I forgot what site it was. but otherwise, I remember it saying that it would run unsmooth, and was more of a multimedia powerhouse than a gaming machine

Can't vouch for Toshiba customer service, but I can tell you that HP's is top notch!! We bought a HP laptop and four days later my oldest son cracked the screen with one of the cat's play toys. I called and they said it was not covered under the basic warranty but agreed to replace it at no cost!!! It hasn't given us a single problem either. Just upgraded it to Windows7 and it really flies now. I would pick the HP!!

toshiba is the second best in terms of quality out of all of the major manufacturers at just over 10% of all of their computers breaking within 3 years, HP is the worst in the entire industry at over 25%. I'd go for the toshiba, just remember to photocopy the receipt. dells the only company that i know of that doesnt require a receipt for the warranty.

the toshiba has a better graphics card while the HP laptop has 2GB more RAM. You wont really notice the difference in RAM if you're just gaming.

They all will last if you do not abuse them, so it's really a personal choice. I will admit that Toshiba has come a long way on quality control. They used to use pretty flimsy plastic on their laptops at one point but some of the latest I have dealt with are pretty solid.

you have no idea how many broken HP's and Acers come into my best buy.

you have no idea how many acers and HP's come into my best buy. ASUS, toshiba are at the 15% mark which is the lowest that you'll find and then theres sony and dell which are at the 17.5% mark and then acer which is at 23% and then last theres gateway and HP at 25%. the full stats can be found here: http://gizmodo.com/5406415/laptop-reliability-study-asus-and-toshiba-come-out-on-top.

Only 2 people voted in polls? :( What are main reasons they get put in the "shop"? I'm anal with my expensive tech and personal belongings in general, so I am very very careful with my stuff. I would def go with the Qosmio if it had full 1080p resoultion..but it doesnt, so it makes it a veryy close call since the laptop dimensions are also really close... the HP will have a 500gb hd while the toshiba has only 320gb hd. but the toshiba has the better gpu. As far as "future proofing" would both do good against newer games in say 2-3 years?? As this will mostly be a home desktop replacement like stated..but want also t o be able totake to my grlfriends and friends houes and maybe lop around the house a bit.

Get an ASUS laptop. The battery life is to be desired, but it's an overall better deal in most cases.

also, are there any i7 laptops that have actual full size keyboards??? i.e- the up down left right arrows are FULL size?? or no? also...dual monitor capability????

Back
Top Bottom