Antivirus Live

soytnly

Solid State Member
So I ended up with antivirus live...what a pain in the rear. I booted in safe mode, ran superantispyware, glary, avg command line scan and ccleaner...didn't help at all. I'm running Windows XP SP3 and know just enough to be dangerous. I found a few suggestions online to delete registry lines...which I'm fairly comfortable with but wasn't able to find a single one to delete. Not sure where to go from here short of reloading system and starting over. I did see the antivirus pro post below, not sure if that's a variant or not. Pointing my compass in the right direction, or any direction for that matter, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the great link. Before I saw this, I spent a few hours working on it, running all the usual programs in safe mode. I found that I was able to open most programs right after the desktop screen appeared, just before antivirus live loaded into the system. By running superantispyware full scan, it completely cleaned it out of the system...running it in normal mode, not safe mode. I then ran malwarebytes and it found a few more things. Then ran ccleaner and glary utilities. Seems to be as good as new now. Wow, that was frustrating. I can't believe these scumbags can operate like this, what a scam. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom