Laptops and monitor hook ups

Baku

Baseband Member
Can I close my laptop and still use my computer, if its connected to a monitor and a keyboard and mouse are also connected to the laptop? itll be a new HP laptop.

I'm going to say yes, however I don't know what will happen when you plug a keyboard into a laptop. I'm using a USB mouse on mine right now but I've never plugged in a keyboard before. But you should still be able to control the computer with the mouse if it is connected to another monitor that is set as the primary.

well I planned on playing a game on a LCD monitor. How would I make the monitor my primary? And would I have to set it every time i connected it .. or???

All you would need to do is set the laptop next to said monitor, then connect them with some cable, VGA, DVI, HDMI, what ever your fancy, then right click on the desktop and depending on your OS select personalize or properties and go to the display settings and you can choose your options there. The nVidia control panel can also do it and probably ATI's setup could as well. You can extend the monitor or set primary etc.

You would need to do this every time you wanted to use the monitor I believe.

Should work fine. Just make sure you go into like power/computer management and make sure that your lappy isn't set to hibernate or standby when you close the lid. Make sure it's on all the time.

thats perfect, thank you so much :) this is all making it so much easier for me to choose a laptop over a desktop now :)

Back
Top Bottom