Time limiting certain Ip's for internet access

newjacksm

In Runtime
Hey everyone my Dad runs WiFi access for customers for people who rent cars from him. However he wants to limit there access from a full day to 3 hours a day.

Instead of constantly changing the WEP Key he wants to know if it is possible to just put a "time limit" on the ip address like they do in internet cafes that you would do for pay to use.

The internet router he has is really bad and he is also looking to purchase a new one.

if it helps he is also in europe if this makes any difference in any router that he should be looking to purchase.

Thank you

It's all going to depend on the router and if it will let you do that. I don't have any recommendations off hand, but you'll want to look for a router that is advanced enough to allow this type of thing to be done.

Thank you, my dad also asked me if there is a way to make the attena go outside to the roof of the business because he wants wifi to go outside his business a few hundred yards.

I am pretty sure this net gear wont go pass 100 yards.

Thank you, my dad also asked me if there is a way to make the attena go outside to the roof of the business because he wants wifi to go outside his business a few hundred yards.

I am pretty sure this net gear wont go pass 100 yards.

pretty sure it will since its Wireless N....

There are also external repeaters that are made for outdoor use. These are really expensive, though.

Back
Top Bottom