UPS man payed me a visit today.

you couldnt just gotten on other site and had to wait that long?! WOW! LOL and the 5850 are so overprice their retail was suppose to be 259!

5870 my friend.

I've never heard of any cards being picky about DVI ports. It could well be a singularity that needs fixing (aka exchanging for a new card). Let other members assert their opinions before making any decisions.

Have you set up windows to display to both ports? Displays are blank until you tell windows to extend the desktop (it is this way for my XP at least).

Have you set up windows to display to both ports? Displays are blank until you tell windows to extend the desktop (it is this way for my XP at least).

I sure did.

As of right now I am 99% sure there is something wrong with the 2nd DVI port and tomorrow after I get back from college will ask newegg for a replacement.

I had connected my HDTV to the 2nd DVI port wile using my two other monitors. The CCC sees the TV and lets me access the properties, color...etc but doesn't matter what I do there is no picture. I tried the same thing with the PC monitors (so its not the TV, it works using 1st DVI)

When using HDMI to HDMi for my main monitor and using 2nd DVI to DVI on my 2nd monitor I get the same thing when connecting my HDTV, I can see all the options for the 2nd monitor but doesn't matter what I do there is no signal.

Any other thoughts b4 I exchange it?

Have you done a dual monitor setup with the tele before? Try restarting the computer with the tele on and set to the correct input. Some hardware is really picky. Some won't say any device exists unless it's on the right setting when it was booted. Just speculating a bit to help avoid a(n) (possibly) unnecessary RMA.

Have you done a dual monitor setup with the tele before? Try restarting the computer with the tele on and set to the correct input. Some hardware is really picky. Some won't say any device exists unless it's on the right setting when it was booted. Just speculating a bit to help avoid a(n) (possibly) unnecessary RMA.

The duel setup im trying to do with my two PC monitors not HDTV. I just used it to double check. The HDTV works using 1st DVI same as my 2nd monitor.

Both HDTV and or 1st or 2nd monitor dont work on the 2nd DVI even tho the CCC sees the connection, but no signal on the monitor/TV.

I did all kind of restarts, nothing seem to work.

What happends when you go into CCC then into the 'Desktops And Displays' Area and click indentify?

Nothing. When I click "identify all" only 1st and 2nd monitor are being identified the 3rd (HDTV) still saying "No signal"

I then disabled monitor 2 and extended the HDTV (aka duel setup) and clicked "identify all" only 1st monitor is identified. Tried to identify just the HDTV, nothing happens.

Reason im suing HDTV right now, because it acts just like a PC monitor, so since I have the duel monitor setup working with hdmi and 1st dvi this saves me time troubleshooting as im tierd going under the table disconnecting and reconnecting the wires...etc.

Back
Top Bottom