which AM3 waterblock?

foothead

Omnicide now.
I've been loving my new watercooling setup, but the one part that seems to be holding me back seems to be the thermaltake waterblock I have installed on my CPU. When I overclock anywhere past my normal OC (3825 MHz) my temps get too high for my liking (55C+) during prime95, but my GPU's even at 800/1000 MHz both stay under 50C no matter what I run. I've heard that danger den's are pretty good, and http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...ing_Block_-_Socket_AM2_for_MultiCore_CPU.html this one seems good. Is there a better one for a reasonable price or should I get this one?

I haven't been paying attention to liquid cooling much lately but I've heard good things about Swiftech's and D-Tek's stuff.

which AM3 waterblock

Im trying to decide if I should buy a GPU waterblock for my Radeon 9800 which is at a high overclock to put in my soon-to-be watercooled system. If you attach the GPU block in line after the CPU block, which seems to be the way its normally done, wouldnt that actually heat up the GPU considering all the hot water from the CPU block exhaust is going into the "cold" water intake for the GPU block? This seems like it would not be effective at all, though I dont really see a better way of doing it. Is it worth having an extra waterblock, or should I just stick with good aircooling for the video card?

GPU after CPU is fine as long as you have a big enough radiator to support it. another option is to get a completely separate liquid cooling loop for the GPU. But why would you want to liquid cool such an old card?

In response to the OP, the Swiftech Apogee XT Ultra Extreme is supposedly the best waterblock out there.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1462561

Allright thanks.

One more question. I have a second radiator in my loop after the CPU, before the NB and GPU. Is this the best place for it? My dad (who has bad ocd) was like freaking out if I didnt put it in that order.
My whole loop is pump->CPU->radiator 1->NB->graphics card->second radiator->reservoir

All that matters is that the reservoir comes before the pump. I'm not sure about a multi-block system, but I do know that in a single-block loop that radiator placement makes ZERO difference in core temperatures. If it were me I'd run two loops if possible.

Back
Top Bottom