Need assistance with new Laptop

Starguard

Solid State Member
I receintly went out and bought a New Acer Aspire 5517 Laptop Computer. This is the very first one I've owned with a built in webcam. Only problem is that I don't know how to use the webcam. Can anyone here offer advice or instructions :confused:

Your laptop probably came with a webcam software package of some sort. If you just want to test it real quick to see if it works, download skype and set it up. If you have a facebook account you can log in and take a picture using your webcam. Facebook should be able to detect your webcam automatically, it detected the one on my Acer Aspire One netbook.

if it says that it cannot find a webcam, go to the acer site and look for the webcam driver. Otherwise, use any sort of IM program and test it out

or you can open an msn chat and if there is a option for web it works and try it out
otherwise look in your program list for a webcam settings

also have you looked in the manual. My compaq laptop needed to be fixed because the backlight in the screen had died and they fixed and ordered the cover without a webcam eye but the laptop still knows it has a webcam.

Back
Top Bottom