Anybody else in the Google Wave beta?

So I just got an email yesterday letting me know that I received my invite to the Google Wave Beta. From what I gather it's like a real time client that you share files/video and post bulletins etc that people can respond and edit real time. Some of it sounds kind of like face book but it does look like it has some interesting features.

I'm thinking of testing it out with some of my classmates which could come in handy. Real time group chat with the ability to share files amongst the group seems pretty handy.

Anybody else get in or have an interest in the beta?

Intro to Wave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiGdUmvPRy8&feature=player_embedded

Some of the features
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBzuuWZPaXc&feature=channel

Another forum I'm on has an unofficial one, set up by one of the members who also sent invites to other people. It's used for discussing anything in real-time, or if someone wants some help with something they can just pop in. Shame its just a beta though, really needs more people to keep it active.

Google wave really isn't intended as a replacement for facebook - it's much more flexible than that!

And shame it's just a beta? It'll be a beta for a long while... inevitably though Google will increase the number of people using it.

I've got it but still haven't had the time to look at it a huge amount. Like most things from Google though, it does look pretty innovative :)

Google wave really isn't intended as a replacement for facebook - it's much more flexible than that!

And shame it's just a beta? It'll be a beta for a long while... inevitably though Google will increase the number of people using it.

I've got it but still haven't had the time to look at it a huge amount. Like most things from Google though, it does look pretty innovative :)

I think personally that if you only have a select few, the amount of things that can be discussed is limited - because the chances of everyone being online at the same time and remebering to check it every now and then is pretty low - whereas if you had more people, those odd's are higher :) And yes, this will probably be a beta for a while, still lots of issues to sort out.

I have Google Wave. They keep giving more invites to give out, I had up to 18 now have 15 invites. Trying to get my family onboard but most are meh about it. I liked the feature that you can click and drag photos into a wave instantly, no upload time crap involved. Although, it did not work for me awhile ago, that feature was not enabled. Will try again.

I have one too invited myself with another email got 8 more invites =D

Right now its sucks

all my friends don't seem much used to it. They are just happy with myspace and facebook

Back
Top Bottom