XP install RAID drivers without floppy?

foothead

Omnicide now.
So, my Windows 7 installation just failed on me, i no longer have the disc, and microsoft no longer has the RC available for download, so I am trying to install XP pro to my computer that has RAID0 setup. The problem is that my motherboard doesnt have a floppy port. I have tried using nlite to integrate the drivers into an install disc, but that is a no go. Is there any way to do this without buying a usb floppy drive? I am trying to use the AMD SB700 series drivers, version 3.1, found here. http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?driver=Integrated/vista32-chipset It is a .cat, .ini, and .sys file. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

so thats why floppy is still around... LOL

Maybe there is a way to use a USB Flashdrive

You would think so, but no. And my BIOS isnt able to do floppy mode for flashdrives. I found a different driver and am trying that through nLite, though I doubt itll work. Glad I bought a 100 cake of CDs, I've already been through 8 of them today.

You would think so, but no. And my BIOS isnt able to do floppy mode for flashdrives. I found a different driver and am trying that through nLite, though I doubt itll work. Glad I bought a 100 cake of CDs, I've already been through 8 of them today.

that sucks dude Really wish I could help but Nothing comes to buy you need a USB floppy right? dont they sell them at second hand stores or office max or Wal Mart?

Here, they are sorta hard to come by so Newegg for me

using nlite (free download) you can integrate your RAID drivers into the XP cd so you wouldn't need to specify any RAID driver while the disk is booting up.

yeah i had tried nlite already, but I get the error where it rejects every product key I can throw at it.

Will it work for sure if I buy a usb floppy drive?

EDIT: just managed to get it working. What I did was let it load off the slipstream disc until right before it starts asking questions, then eject the disc and insert my retail disc and let it continue from there.

Back
Top Bottom