Game system requirements question...

Baku

Baseband Member
I know a lot of games have a minimum system requiements list of what your computer should have to be able to play it at sub par performance, and recommended system requirements for a good performance. BUT. what about for playign the game is very high quality??? If your system is a weee bit better than the recommended system requirements...should it be able to play the game in very high quality....to what looks and seems like the game could be a very high quality video in-game.

This is the laptop specs I was looking at, and I wanted to play it on max settings...can anyone help me out, or know if I should post this elsewhere?? Thanks.

HP dv6t edition-
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB)
4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M
15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display(1366x768)
Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer

Game - AION
Gamestops/NCSoft West requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

Connectivity: Broadband Internet connection
DirectX: DirectX? 9.0c
Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space
Operating System : Windows XP SP2/ Vista
Processor : 2.8GHz CPU or equivalent
RAM : 1GB RAM
Video Card : NVIDIA 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM / ATI Radeon x700 with 128MB RAM or higher

Recommended System Requirements

Connectivity : Broadband Internet connection
DirectX : DirectX? 9.0c
Hard Drive Space : 15GB hard disk space
Operating System : Windows XP SP2/ Vista
Processor : Dual Core CPU 2.0GHz or equivalent
RAM : 2GB RAM
Video Card : NVIDIA 6800 with 256MB RAM / ATI Radeon x800 with 256MB or higher

what about when theres multiple people on screen and what not??? it is a MMORPG x_x. how can I tell for sure???

naah, it'll be fine for that game. Don't expect to max crysis or anything, but that laptop should be good for most games on reasonably high levels.

Besides, at that resolution, there won't be much of a difference if you have the AA set low or disabled.

Back
Top Bottom