I need help with the wiring of my Custom Rig...

The Video did help and I discovered something new ...I didn't realize the Micro SW was actually an alarm system...I can't even find this pin on the mobo...I won't even bother installing it ...doubt it was in the first place...I never heard an alarm.
As an aside, this wouldn't be an audible alarm - more it'd be a warning on boot up if the case had been opened. It's commonly used in office environments or in industrial servers where if someone's tampered with the insides of your machine without you knowing about it, you don't want the thing booting up until you've found out exactly what's going on!

It may have been connected originally and disabled in the BIOS, or it may not have been connected at all. Either way, it's a feature that most home users can safely ignore and leave unplugged!

Do you also have the power cable attached to it?
Many people forget you need both :)

hay...I noticed that : /...stupid me, but none the less the HD started spinning but I didn't hear a "beep" from the system speaker...and I didn't get any picture...so I'm assuming the Video Card is fried....PERHAPS...but the fan on the card is still spinning would this matter?

As an aside, this wouldn't be an audible alarm - more it'd be a warning on boot up if the case had been opened. It's commonly used in office environments or in industrial servers where if someone's tampered with the insides of your machine without you knowing about it, you don't want the thing booting up until you've found out exactly what's going on!

It may have been connected originally and disabled in the BIOS, or it may not have been connected at all. Either way, it's a feature that most home users can safely ignore and leave unplugged!

That makes sense...since I connected it would it matter?

thanks once again!

Also, I forgot to add does it matter where I plug in these Sata cables into the motherboard?? Where would the HD SATA cable go? The Purple or yellow slots :S.... ...I'm pretty lost on this...and for some reason the front LED's are not working : /... I have four SATA cables fyi.... 2 from CD drives....one from the top of the tower's accessory jack and the HD of course.

forgot to add does it matter where I plug in these Sata cables into the motherboard

no it does not, as long as its in a SATA port obviously.

just have to set up the boot device setup in BIOS

make sure your GPU is powerd if it need to be, and hit the delete key or which ever when the PC starts up.

just google "how to enter bios"

You video card may be a goner. If you motherboard board has onboard video (which doesn't look like it from the picture), connect the video output there. If not, then try to get a hold of a video card from a friend to see if it works.

You video card may be a goner. If you motherboard board has onboard video (which doesn't look like it from the picture), connect the video output there. If not, then try to get a hold of a video card from a friend to see if it works.

I just spoke to my friend...I told him I'd lend him my card to install onto his system to see if it's the problem ....

: /

Back
Top Bottom