Trying to burn an iso to DVDRW

Mutant Corn

Daemon Poster
Like the title says. I'm trying to burn an iso of Ubuntu Studio 9.10 to a DVDRW using InfraRecorder. It gets to the point where it says "starting to write track 1", and then spits the disc out without doing anything. Is there a way to configure it to do this, or another program that will do it?

edit: I know it says writing track 1, but it is indeed in "write image" mode. Just thought I'd clarify.

edit again: I managed to get it to burn something, but windows doesn't recognize it. (edit: worked on my Vista vaptop...not on XP desktop) It sees the capacity, free space, and used space values as 0. Can't boot from it. What am I doing wrong?

I'm wondering if your burner on the XP desktop died. Try doing the same steps on your vista laptop and let us know what happens.

That was worded badly, sorry.

I'm burning it with my laptop, and am attempting to put the OS on the desktop. I've managed to make it burn, but only the laptop can boot from it. The desktop will not. I've tried 4 different DVD drives in two different desktops and nothing but my lappy will boot from it. Could it be that the older MoBos don't support isolinux? I'd find that hard to believe...they're XP-era.

It's Ubuntu Studio...1.1 gigs. :(

Apparently that mobo can't boot from USB either. Just tried it.

Back
Top Bottom