CPU help please :)

reality_check

Beta member
I just brought a desktop comp, it has duel CPUs.
When i turn it on i have text saying the following :

'1021 - The installed CPUs have different voltage requirements. This is not supported. System halted.'

sorry im a bit of a newb, is there any easy solution to this or have i been ripped off?

thanks in advance

if you know how to get into the BIOS, try resetting the settings to default. If that doesn't work you might as well take it back, no point in tying to fix a brand new computer which shouldn't have that kind of problem in the first place.

^ hes right
but you could try when the 'white letter' pop up on screen
you will see something in the bottom left corner of your screen
it will say something like press (some key) to enter set-up
if its a dell it will be slightly different
but as Keynan said you should press what ever key it says to enter the BIOS and put everything back to default
that should solve the issue
the more you tell us the more we can help

there isn't any key commands or instructions on how i can enter the BIOS or setup or anything :(... its white text on a black back ground and there is a flashing underscore, thats all i can tell you sorry.
its not a brand new comp either.. second hand

its a 'HP workstation xw6000'

its just the error with a flashing undersore (curser)?
okay im at a loss on this one
ill be watching
but here is a bump for you non-the-less
i hope you get it figured out

thats correct a flashing underscore under those words i stated in my first post.. its not even my computer, its my brothers. he brought it off the internet a few days ago, it arrived today, he turned it on and we arrive at this problem. he'll probably just end up sending it back.

thank you for your kind words and help.

Find the round battery on the motherboard and pull it out for 5 minutes. Put it back in and try to boot. Pulling the battery will reset CMOS (BIOS).

try pulling out one of the CPUs and see if it will post into BIOS
i think it would work with just 1 CPU
right guys?

Back
Top Bottom