Sony Laptops?

raceface

Baseband Member
I am a college student in Mechanical Engineering. I'm looking for a computer that will be a severe upgrade to my current TOshiba M105-S3041. I was wondering if the Sony Vaio's are a good model? How are Sony products and is it something I should look into?

More specifically the sony vaio VGN-NW235F/W

Great quality; too high of a price. A thousand dollars for a Pentium Dual Core T4300 is a bit much. You can get some excellent lappies with far better specs from manufacturers like HP.

Great quality; too high of a price. A thousand dollars for a Pentium Dual Core T4300 is a bit much. You can get some excellent lappies with far better specs from manufacturers like HP.

Specifications don't always matter. If the speed is negligible, I'd always go with the Sony VAIO in comparison with a consumer HP notebook. They're usually far better built.

I have heard some good things about sony vaios, if you intend to keep the laptop as is go for it, a person I know decided to install linux and XP in a dual boot and hated it, she has frequent hardware failure and screen issues, but she has intstalled the OS like 9 times switching back and forth, so im not sure if that contributed to the failure but she doesn't like hers.

Back
Top Bottom