Computer build suggestions

oasis1127

Beta member
Alright so I really need to build a new comp. and I was looking towards an i7 920 since it has the x58 chipset and apparently intel's going to continue with these as is the case with the future i9 processor
I'm looking to keep the computer relatively budget what I will for sure include:
- i7 920
- GTX275 (1782Mb)
What I'm unsure about is whether to get the Asus P6T mobo or go for a gigabyte mobo of equal capability since i can get a deal on those two brands

Also I'm wondering what you guys think on keeping it with 3Gb of corsair dominator RAM and then adding more to it later (after I pay for textbooks next semester lol) And yes I do plan on overclocking it.
thank you for your input!

Hi, could you answer a few questions.
- Where are you in the world?
- What is your budget?
- What is the native resolution of your monitor?
- Do you overclock?

I live in Ontario, Canada, I want to keep it under $1500, the resolution is 1920x1080, and yes i do overclock
I've only been hearing good things about ASUS motherboards

Hi there, I don't think the X58 platform is worth the extra money over the i5 + P55 platform, which you can build for under $1000.

CPU: Core i5 750
Mobo: Biostar P55
RAM: OCZ 2x2GB 1600
GPU: XFX HD 5770
PSU: OCZ 600W mod.
HDD: WD 500GB
Case: CM RC-690
Disc drive: LITE-ON DVD

Total: ~$925

You can pick up something like the Xigmatek HDT-1283. And you can improve the GPU to something like an HD 5850 if you game alot, it will result in a very decent frame rate increase.

Back
Top Bottom