Becoming the 'System' User Account.

PCs_ForTheWin

Baseband Member
hi, im new to this forum and its interface is confusing so far to me,
but hopefully ill figure it out.
ok, i heard that you could become not just the Administrator user
but a user called System... how could i do this.

if this isnt where i should post please tell me.:D

P.S. my style is to try really crazing things till my System brakes
then re-install windows X.P and try again.

(E.G. registry hacks to 'speed up the system' or 'Get faster internet', destroying system processes that are just barely needed to correctly run and trying to maintain system stability, and the like)
reason i'm here is because i recently had to re-install X.P (it was me) and thought i had to find a forum so now i'm here.

To the best of my knowladge Administrator is as high as you can go. I do not believe there is any other account beyond that.

To the best of my knowladge Administrator is as high as you can go. I do not believe there is any other account beyond that.
This is correct - what is it you can't do as an administrator that you need to?

There is a built in user called SYSTEM, but it is used by certain software and Windows processes. As far as I know you can't log in using this account, although you can apply folder and file permissions to include this account. I wouldn't recommend playing with it, though. This is an account that Windows uses behind the scenes and altering it in any way could adversely affect your system.

What I was hoping to do was become the system user and END all the system user controls processes! im hoping to get system instability and see something OTHER than a BSOD...
:D

What I was hoping to do was become the system user and END all the system user controls processes! im hoping to get system instability and see something OTHER than a BSOD...
I'm all for experimenting around - but at this stage I have to say what's the point?! If you're trying to do something on a "test" install that you think might have a positive impact, but also might screw up the system then fair enough.

If you're just TRYING to break the thing for definite though - why?! You're not going to learn anything from it and you know you'll have an unusable system afterwards until you restore it...

Hardware damage can also come of this. Be careful. :)

Haha. This is my first post in this sub-section.

I would have expected a bit more in a hacking forum...

I'm not bothered explaining the various loopholes (some of which might be fixed at this stage) one i know was using the at command in cmd to spawn a shell and using that to spawn explorer which was then running in system. Unfortunately you need to be an admin to use scheduled tasks so if you're thinking of doing that to take over a pc try again.

I found a quick youtube film of it done in xp. Have fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXjR0sUZ2w

Back
Top Bottom