laptop died now works ... :S

dude_se

Proper Legend
specs in my sig. had a bsod the other night. then tried to turn it on. tried to start. powered on and fan started, hdd, etc, then it all just died (screen was dead). after about 24 hrs of trying, taking it apart, and generally messing around it booted up randomly and asked if i wanted to check the startup for errors. it crashed doing that, then wouldnt boot again, tried again shortly after and now it works perfectly. i really dont get it. the dell diagnostics (the led's that flash on the front) and google suggest it could have been a cpu problem or something. havent ran that test since though, but everything is fine now :confused:
very wierddd.

any ideas what it was lol?

Have you run a hard drive diagnostic from the HDD manufacturer? That and possibly a memtest. I'd start with both of those. If you don't know how to do either, let us know.

well ive tried running it without the hdd and its the same problem. id imagine the hdd has nothing to do with it. might try a memtest though.

also it sometimes has a problem going into standby, so in the end the battery just dies. so this morning i powered it on and it said corrupt bootmgr, cannot start, so i restarted it and now its fine. v wierd :confused:

Take the battery out and plug the lappy into the wall. See if that makes a difference. Batteries are the PSU, essentially. Just imagine what happens to desktop hardware when the PSU is bad or malfunctioning.

yea ive tried that. laptop works just the same without the battery. its wierd

Back
Top Bottom