WTF happened to DDR2-800 ram prices?

i want a laptop

In Runtime
Last time I shopped for RAm was back in like early 2009, but I'm looking for some RAM for a friend, and the G.Skill RAM that I bought for like 50 dollars back in the day is now 93 dollars on NewEgg. What have I missed? What happened when I was "out of the loop"? WTF

EDIT: Rubbish, I put this in the wrong forum section.

Yeah we went to frys two days ago and I was like WTF RAM was so expensive and it had been so cheap for the last three years. Best bet is newegg or frys they still have semi cheap RAM but its not going to go down for a good while my friend sadly.

i believe disturbed is wrong

demand is not going up, but may actually be going down.
The purpose of the electronic business is to move forward. ddr3 ram is becoming cheaper because of greater production. ddr2 is steadily rising in price b/c it's becoming less used and less produced.

why do you think now a days a lot of ddr3 2x2gb sticks are cheaper than many ddr2 2x2gb sticks. They simply want you to progress on to ddr3 rather than using ddr2 so they stop producing the later en mass like they use to

All pricing went up. My OCZ DDR3 went up by 15 dollars. But the RAM I used to have: the OCZ DDR2 SLI went from about 60 when I bought it to 115.

The purpose of the electronic business is to move forward. ddr3 ram is becoming cheaper because of greater production. ddr2 is steadily rising in price b/c it's becoming less used and less produced.

why do you think now a days a lot of ddr3 2x2gb sticks are cheaper than many ddr2 2x2gb sticks. They simply want you to progress on to ddr3 rather than using ddr2 so they stop producing the later en mass like they use to

so wouldnt that have something with the demand going up
since less is out there?
or it would appear that way since the stock available is decreasing
and the demand might not be decreasing

if demand was decreasing they have to raise prices to make up for losses, the reason its down is due to the economy.

which ever it might me
im not an economist so i really dont care why
but i can say this
IT SUCKS!!!!!!!
along with gas prices X(

Actually DDR3 prices are going up too. When I bought my 2x2gb DDR3 kit, it was $65. Last time I checked, the exact same kit was like $90

Back
Top Bottom