Random Chit Chat

now the last level of mw2 wont load.... im getting sick of this crap i have to re download it again..cuz that verify files thing doesn't work...

I Had one on my PSP 1000 And they do look good and minimize on the fingerprints,just make sure you get a decent quality one..

Any idea on how to tell if it's a decent quality? i found one on Dealextreme for $5, but the reviews said the buttons didn't fit and a few other cons, but the faceplate does have the Sony and PSP logo.
Next, I was looking at XCM faceplate, which costs $25 and it comes with buttons, so those might be decent, but no Sony nor PSP logos, and I couldn't find any reviews, at least for the slims anyways.

I noticed that new PSP faceplate screw holes aren't threaded. If I remember, I stripped some screws of my previous PSP because of it. Any idea on how to do it so I won't end up stripping any more screws?

Don't start unscrewing till you have a bit that fits perfectly. Then push down into the screw with the bit and unscrew slowly. Go for torque instead of speed. Without seeing the screws it's hard to give more specific advice.

Well, I got the right screwdriver size (#0 and #00), and I am able to get the original faceplate out, but I am planning on getting an new faceplate, which the holes are unthreaded so might be harder to actually get the screw in, hence why my old PSP screws stripped.
Anyways, should I just apply the same method for screwing it back together? What I planned was to get the screws, create the threads, then put the PSP back together after the threads are made.

Well, I got the right screwdriver size (#0 and #00), and I am able to get the original faceplate out, but I am planning on getting an new faceplate, which the holes are unthreaded so might be harder to actually get the screw in, hence why my old PSP screws stripped.
Anyways, should I just apply the same method for screwing it back together? What I planned was to get the screws, create the threads, then put the PSP back together after the threads are made.

This is what I was just going to suggest after reading your above post, but you took the idea right outta my head.

Alright, I'll try that then, and if I do end up stripping any screws before I put the PSP back together, I'll just buy a new set of screws.

Anyways, I just bought an XCM faceplate, and an invisibleShield screen protector for a total of $34, estimated arrival of sometime next week during my finals week. Just hope it fits well, nothing goes wrong, and I will end up satisfied, it'll be a reward for finishing another semester.

This wouldn't have happened if my brother's PSP wasn't broken, but I am a tech guy and I tend to try and fix things even if I end up ruining expensive things. I need a new hobby. :D

Back
Top Bottom