TV Online?

Sinonymous

In Runtime
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you knew of any service that streamed tv channels live over the internet. My cousin asked me because shes never home to watch tv but she carries her laptop everywhere and has a verizon wireless card. I told her I didn't know but would try finding out. She doesn't mind paying for she said.

I don't know about "live' tv. But hulu(dot)com shows replays of shows. They have pretty much all the new shows on there.

Streaming is going to kill her 5GB monthly limit..

But yea, Hulu is about the best place IMO. Major news like CNN and FOX stream on their own websites I believe.

CNN does it on an on and off basis with their international channel. They rarely stream their domestic channel.

You can watch a feed of CNN on this website. Click under "News".

I don't know too much about Air Cards, However I do remember them setting a cap because most everyone was using them to stream Media and or hook them up via sling box as opposed to casual Internet browsing.

As Bullzi said, Once you hit that 5GB cap, Which you would hit quite easily using your card to stream tv, videos, etc. The price she's going to get hit with per 1kb shes over is NOT going to be cheap.

Yea, we use Verizon for chasing because of their awesome coverage. We only download the occasional HTML page for warnings and radar data, which is a tiny amount of data. If we stream live video, we chew through bandwidth SUPER quick. Mind you that's video only, no audio.

I've got one of those aircards and it's possible that the overage charges don't apply to her. If she got her contract before 3-1-08 then their shouldn't be overage charges. I've had my account for a long time and won't upgrade because I'm under a grandfathered unlimited clause. Tell her to check her account page and it will say either 5Gb or unlimited.

Damn, wish I would've gotten that sweet deal..

I was lucky because I started my contract a month or so before that went into effect. I was worried when it was announced that I would be subject to overages too. I use this for my home connection since I can't get cable/dsl yet. I've got it hooked to my KR2 router and use it for the 360, PS3 and my iPhone. As you can imagine I go way way over 5 gigs lol.

How's the 3G performance in your area?

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;989554 said:
I was lucky because I started my contract a month or so before that went into effect. I was worried when it was announced that I would be subject to overages too. I use this for my home connection since I can't get cable/dsl yet. I've got it hooked to my KR2 router and use it for the 360, PS3 and my iPhone. As you can imagine I go way way over 5 gigs lol.

How's the 3G performance in your area?

(Late response, sorry :eek: )

3G here in KS is pretty good, and chasing we get a good feel for coverage. It's pretty rare we loose internet, by the NE and KS border it gets sketchy and in NW MO you loose it completely.

All I use wireless for is to post GPS position updates and radar updates, pretty small and easy tasks.. works great for that.

Back
Top Bottom