Nightclub security

Szat

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience in nightclub security/bouncing. I'm 21 years old, 6 foot 0 inches, 225 pounds, stronger than the average man :p (I powerlift, 18 inch arms) and have been interested in club security for a little while now. Do you think I have what it physically takes to be a bouncer? Keep in mind that bouncers aren't legally supposed to beat the shit out of people. I'm just a broke college kid that needs a job! Seemed good for me. *edit* I have good communication skills which is a must for a doorman/bouncer.

Size only means so much until you go up against someone with a weapon or experience in fighting. Don't think just because you're a little stronger than others you can beat them in a fight. You should be ok, I guess. Just work on controlling situations.

you need to be good at controlling situations.. being strong wont help against a knife or worse..
personally id say stay away from it, and get a job just serving in a shop or just bar work in a normal pub...
(also.. compared to most of the bouncers around here, you are tiny.. lol..)

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience in nightclub security/bouncing. I'm 21 years old, 6 foot 0 inches, 225 pounds, stronger than the average man :p (I powerlift, 18 inch arms) and have been interested in club security for a little while now. Do you think I have what it physically takes to be a bouncer? Keep in mind that bouncers aren't legally supposed to beat the shit out of people. I'm just a broke college kid that needs a job! Seemed good for me. *edit* I have good communication skills which is a must for a doorman/bouncer.
Size and strength mean nothing if you don't know how to use it. You have to know how to handle yourself and handle situations. Outside a club you'll be dealing with all sorts of things like fighting people, drunk people....etc. It's not just standing there and letting people in the club and telling others they can't come in...etc.

Yeah I would stay away from it.. The only reason bouncers are big is to be a scare factor for the second guess people.
(ie. I would shove my way in but that bouncer is HUGE!)
Most of the time bouncers are just peace keepers. Be able to reason with screaming angry people. etc.
For people that need to be thrown out and taken care of.. They have the cops for that.

Depends on your city...

The bars in my area don't have bouncers. We are a small community. I'd look to be a bartender if you want to be in that enviroment. Unless you are capable in fighting - actually in defending yourself because as you said you aren't supposed to fight - I'd stay away from it. If you have a background in Martial Arts or something similar, and you know how to defend yourself and subdue a drunk, angry guy, then I think you'll be ok. But if you are thinking you just want to walk off the street and because your buff and you lift, that you'll make a good bouncer, you're probably wrong.

I'd even go as far as guessing, there are probably requirements to be a bouncer - such as training in martial arts as well as communications of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom