help with pci express 2.0

I, too, did not find anything that would suggest it can change. However, is the PCI-E 12v at the top right of your board plugged in? I know it's only required when doing multiple cards, but it's worth a shot.

I'm also thinking there might be a jumper near the slot that changes it's spec/bandwidth.

If all else fails, email Gigabyte techs.

yes i ahve taht plugged in i didnt have it plugged in but i plugged it in about 3 days ago and it didnt change anything.. i could not find any jumper or anything around the slot... i couldn t find any jumper anywhere for it on the board.. i looked on the board just now and dont see anything... so i really dont know what the heck wrong with this thing... and i sent one to them aobut 3 days ago and still havent gotten a reply from them... its really annoying cause ive been waiting and they havent replied at all...

ya tehy still havent answered my question i put on there 4 days ago... its been a while.. im leaving wednesday so hopefully i fix it before then.

i have not but i dont think they have anything to do with this... cause its not activating... its not that it wont support it... cause they both support it ut this stupid piece of crap wont show anything to activate it... so its giga-byte.. but they still havent responded.

this is retarded i bought this board cause it SAYS it supports pci-e 2.0 but i just gota reply and the guy said the board only supports pci-e 1.1! I WAS LIKE WTF? they ttrying to trick me? thats only reason i bought this board cause it says it supports 2.0!

Gigabyte says the board supports PCI-E 2.0 spec on both of it's slots for CrossFire.

Have you configured your BIOS to accommodate your hardware, yet?
Most have the option to disable 2.0 spec or force cards to run under 1.0/1.1 spec.

turns out this board doesnt support it... im kinda pissed cause thats only reaosn i bought this $200 board... woulda gotten the $100 if i knew this one didnt work with pci-e 2.0. :(

Back
Top Bottom