Need to vent, badly.

It's a really confusing situation. I'll probably go talk to my counselor and see what she says about the whole deal..

Thanks for the guidance guys, has helped a lot being able to talk about it even if it is over the internet.

Your not the only one man, my dad was a heavy drinker for a very long time to where he lashed out at a few people in my house and i had him arrested once, he owuld always always rag on me saying where i would get in life with computers or bikes (i love BMX). Constantly would tell me im not gonna get anywhere with it, He now goes to AA and is getting better but that side of him will never leave my mind

Yea, I know there's a lot of others out there. I talked to a TON of friends at school today about it which helped a lot, they all managed to get me to smile again which felt like a step in the right direction.

I'm just at a massive indecision. This is such an un-certain point in my life, being 18 in a month I don't really want to break off because home is what I know. I just wish I could fast forward to August and get into college..

9 months till college though.. I'm so stoked to get away from home. It'll be such a great change not having to come home in fear wondering what I'll be chewed out for that day..

Something important thing to remember is that you are in complete control of your actions, but not other peoples. If he's being an asshole and you've tried all you can to get him to stop, maybe its a good time to stop trying. Don't let him have any influence on your hobbies, interests, or endeavors. You aren't going to change to meet his standards, if he wants to be your father he's going to have to change to meet your standards, or if he can't then he'll atleast have to put up with them. If he can't do atleast that then he's just an asshole you live with for the next few months. Someone who makes you feel that way doesnt deserve to have a prominent position in your life.
Best of luck

To what I see, it looks like he HAS a Bipolar Disease, AND, to my dismay, it's controlable via pills. Talk to your counselor, but I'd legaly force him to take a Bipolar Test.

Also, should he ever raise the hand, you could turn in for the cops, and then he could be in shite.

Also, you could ignore it, but it could have a permanent effect when you'll be older.

One more thing, where's your mother?

Back
Top Bottom