Need to vent, badly.

I still wouldn't rule out BP disorder. Everything you've described thus far fits him to the T with being BP. But getting to the bottom of that would be near impossible if he does not think he has a problem.

I had an issue similar to this, but no where near as extreme. I found it beneficial to talk to my school consouler so I could vent and get a professionals opinion.

Personally, I think that was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Even if you don't think it's affecting you too badly now (like not becoming a drunkard) it could have some repercussions in the future.

Talk to consoulers. It might cause social sevices to get involved which might be too extreme...
And next time he tells you to come beat him up, say, "I don't need to, but if you keep it up, the cops sure will."

as I see it, you have three options...

you either ignore your dad, perhaps seek counselling for yourself and build a life for yourself, in know knowledge that one day you'll leave it all behind you...

or, you try to talk it out with your dad and let him know how shit he makes you feel, ask him why he's such a bastard.

or, you take the same track as him.
next time he calls you a pussy say "why don't you walk up to me and say that?"

Home life has gotten rough lately, very rough. As most of you know, I've been interested in firefighting and storm chasing for quite sometime and it's stuff I rely on to get away. Not to mention computers, all are hobbies I enjoy greatly.

My dad attacks the things I do and makes fun of me because of it

"why don't you come beat me up? you don't have any balls you f*****g c**t!"

you'd think that was a quote from a douchebag at school, but that came out of my "fathers" mouth 10 minutes ago.

Arguments like these first occurred with my 28 year old brother and scarred him greatly because of it, he fell into drinking heavily and is now recovering which I'm very proud of him for it.

I'm certainly not going to fall into problems like that, but I really need help here guys. This sounds cheezy but I don't give a shit, this is really bothering me and I just want to hear from guys I associate with. I've never been spoken to like this before, let alone from my own damn father. The relationship is too damaged to fix, I'm not willing to fix it, it's that simple. At this point I just feel like he's a guy I live with and that's it..

If it's any consolation me and my dad don't have a relationship anymore. I love him and wish him well but his views, standards and the way he used to talk to us was appalling. He treats my friends better than his own blood! I feel sorry for my mum because she's the only one there that has to put up with it. But they're getting old now and even though she knows how we all feel she knows where there for her.

The best thing is not to rise to it. I could've years ago but it would've been a lot worse. Some of the things he would say and do just weren't right coming from whats supposed to be my dad. I'm 33 now, live with my girlfriend and kids and don't have to be under 'his' roof any more. Just carry on with your life and enjoy the family and friends that you do get on with. Try and move out of you can. It'll be the best thing thats happened.

Does he treat your mother this way as well?

Like a doormat?

Yes.

He's a chauvinist!

'The woman has her place' and all that b**locks! When we were kids he ate first and we had what he didn't want and his scraps! When he was away it was great. Mum, my sister and my brothers had fun. Dad came back and we had to tread on egg shells for fear of getting a beating for something trivial. I wouldn't wish my younger life on anyone else!

Like a doormat?

Yes.

He's a chauvinist!

'The woman has her place' and all that b**locks! When we were kids he ate first and we had what he didn't want and his scraps! When he was away it was great. Mum, my sister and my brothers had fun. Dad came back and we had to tread on egg shells for fear of getting a beating for something trivial. I wouldn't wish my younger life on anyone else!
OMG, that's terrible.

Bullzi, are you the only child still living at home? Pack your bags and get an apartment if you can afford it. He will probably realize pretty quick he wants you back in his life.

Seriously Bullzi, take the advice already on here and see what you can do about alternative living.
Well, if he is gonna help pay for your college, don't move out. If he isn't, move out so you can claim yourself as a dependant and get more help from gov. and schools in paying for schools. Otherwise, they base it on parents income and then you are screwed. If you make any money, it's hard to get money for college cause they assume your parents can pay 40k a year.

Back
Top Bottom