Need to vent, badly.

Don't know then. :|

Just a bad case of diarrhea I guess. You could be a complete ass right back to him, but that gets your no where, really.

Yea, well like I said, at this point I'm just going to have to deal with it until I'm 18 and can get out. It just bothers me that I can't figure out why he does this crap..

Have you ever invited him storm chasing? Invite him sometime. And if he says yes, good deal. If he starts to be an asshole while you are out there. Pull over, take the key out of the car, and walk away. He has nothing he can do, don't start the car back up until he calms down.
If he is cool the whole way, then cool, lol.
If he calls you a puss right off that bat, bitch him out. If he is too pussy to get in a car after a storm then he is no man. Again, there is a possibility of injury here, but he will think again.

How the hell can he not appreciate someone that chases a storm, and be a pilot??

Or use the firefighting thing. Start something on fire, and go to stop it and be like, "Wait fire fighting's not manly right dad? Guess I'll let it burn" And your dad loses his house. I recommend doing this after moving out.

Is he going to help pay for college?

He has gone with me, and he was the most pessimistic person I've ever chased with. Everything on radar looked weak, all that, it was just annoying, completely ruined the mood. I'm never chasing with him again.

When he called storm chasing a pussy thing tonight, I called him out on all the POS engines he buys and stores in his workshop. I said that maybe I should make fun of him for that and he did the "awww poor kyle, poor little baby", that was mature. Further along in that, I kept hitting on that and he said "I pay for it". I said, oh, so you pay for my storm chasing? I don't think so and he said I pay for your truck so I said yea, temporarily, I'm paying you back, remember? Then he hit on paying insurance, which he does and is based on grades. It really is all about payment to him.

He's fallen at home and put a good gash in his head requiring AMR and First Responders from the station I hang out at to help him. He said they were all very friendly and helped yet he talks down on me wanting to do that?? I really do not get it at all..

Which is what leads me to believe he is holding something against you, or the age group and not the sport or occupation. It just doesn't add up.

Yeah, something doesn't make sense here. I don't see any reason for him to be behaving the way he does if it's not a medical condition.

Same conclusion I've arrived at. The smallest things in his world are blown WAY out of proportion..

An older example.

I hadn't gotten the paper yet one day and he asked me to go get it. I jokingly said no!, he knew it was a joke and laughed as I went to get the paper. I came back inside and gave him the paper and he looked me in the eyes pissed and said "are you trying to be a smartass?". Completely confused I didn't even know what to say so I went upstairs.

Literally for the rest of the day I replayed the scenario over and over trying to figure out what happened. One minute we were joking around (I knew he knew it was a joke since he laughed) and the next minute I was being scolded for some reason. All I did was laugh upstairs with confusion, I really had absolutely no clue in the world what provoked that.

All I can say, is he over thinks things GREATLY and makes situations up in his head.

In the past I used to have friends over and we'd sleep in the basement. One night we were all tired and their room is above the basement, so we turned all the TV's off so it didn't keep him up. Halfway through the night from the top of the stairs I hear "KYLE GET YOUR ASS UP HERE!!" so I woke up and ran to the top of the stairs and he said "TURN THAT GODDAMN TV OFF AND GO TO SLEEP, I CAN HEAR IT UPSTAIRS!". One problem, the TV had been off for 4 hours and we'd been asleep for 3. I said that and he interrupted me as usual and called me a smartass.

A quick question, did your brother do something "life risking"?
For example join the marines, take up a daring hobby like base jumping etc.
If so then I might have a theory, if not then I'm not sure exactly.

This has to be a medical situation. Regarding the physicality obsession, I think it could be due to the fact that he is paraplegic. It may have psychologically affect him in a sense that he yearns the ability to move his lower body. He doesn't want to feel crippled, so he tries to act tougher.

Back
Top Bottom