Windows 7 pro x64 seems to hate linksys WUSB100

GEKKACAMEO

Baseband Member
About two weeks back I installed my copy of Windows 7 pro x64 (fresh install run from xp pro x64 desktop (not from boot)). Win7 had no issues finding and automatically installing the 64 bit drivers for all of my devices. I was excited about this because I was under the impression that my new x64 system wasn't going to like, at very least, my printer (as I heard that printers would be most likely to not have x64 drivers readily available).

For about a week and a half everything worked fine, but one day I decided to download a fresh copy of ubuntu and my connection cut out on me. I'm guessing from the stress of the larger download. I reset the network - router to defaults, replaced the cat5 between the router and modem, reinstalled a variety of different drivers for my device, had comcast do a power surge thing to my modem and had no luck getting things back up and running. After solving all the alerts but one I'm realizing that no useable driver exists for my setup.

Although I did get a couple seconds of connectivity when I changed my signal type to "N only" my roomates have crappy computers that don't seem to like N. Using a wired connection works but is not functional because of the layout of this godforsaken appartment of mine. Wireless is the only way.

Suggestions on what I can do with what I have would be great. I would also settle for info on a good/cheap PCI-E x1 wireless wireless card with known 64 bit drivers that actually work.

i cant get my linksys wireless card or router to work with W7 either. so i have no idea what to say : /

hope someone brings up an idea so we can both go wireless! lol

I know better than to mess with the firmware on my particular router. My roomates would shoot me if I had to RMA it. Seeing as I am the resident tech support. Things are working fine anyway. I'm pretty sure my issues were update related. Only explanation I can come up with for the spontaneous recovery from the issue.

Back
Top Bottom