2010 Camaro SS vs 2009 Mustang GT

superman22x

Golden Master
What would you take? Just curious. I'm a die hard Ford guy, so the stang would be my choice.

In an honest un-biased opinion, for what I would do with the car, they are both about even in what they have and what they can do.
The Camaro has about 100hp more, but it's old tech with the pushrod engine, so I'm not sure if I am correct in saying this, but I think you can get quite a bit more power out of the modular engine with some power adders.
Then the suspension, the Camaro is IRS, while the Mustang is Live-axle, and me being a drag race fan, I think the live-axle is better for that.
And cosmetics, I think the Camaro looks pretty badass, but it's big and bulky looking. And the gun slit windows I've heard are terrible. The Mustang weighs quite a bit less too.
Just curious what you think?

If you would prefer a Challenger or Charger that's cool too... just performance wise they are lacking compared to these two, lol.

And notice I said 2009 Mustang, that's because the 2010 isn't out yet, and it's getting a 5.0L Coyote motor making 400hp... That one just kicks the camaro's ass, and it's 1L smaller, lol.

Mustang generally looks better and I'm a Ford person. Mustang all the way, though the 2010 Mustang does look slightly better.

the mustang because im ford person and the customization of it is amazing and plus the 5.4l supercharged engine with 6 speed transmission and i heard you can get butterfly doors on it

Butterfly doors?

I think I made a mistake, the 2011 is getting the Coyote, not the 2010. I think, not really sure though.

I'm a Camero guy. It's my all time favorite car. Though I'd rather have one from the late 60's, I'd take any year if someone was going to give me one. Though if the Mustang was a Shelby.....

2 things about that video.

1. Uhhh....DUH :rolleyes: It's not a 'fair' race unless both cars have similar HP. I mean ur looking at about what 100 HP more for the Mustang?

2. I wouldn't say it 'crushes' it. The mustang wins hands down, but it doesn't 'crush' the camaro.

Either way, a 12.8/12.9 quarter mile...I'd take it.

2 things about that video.

1. Uhhh....DUH :rolleyes: It's not a 'fair' race unless both cars have similar HP. I mean ur looking at about what 100 HP more for the Mustang?

2. I wouldn't say it 'crushes' it. The mustang wins hands down, but it doesn't 'crush' the camaro.

Either way, a 12.8/12.9 quarter mile...I'd take it.

Uh, yeah.....that's no stock mustang going up against the stock camaro ss......

Not a fair race at all.

Now a stock mustang gt vs. a stock camaro ss is a fair race, find that and we'll see who wins.

Back
Top Bottom